Friday 28 March 2014

7.Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?




I feel like i have learnt a lot from my preliminary task and this is evident in the outcome of both my pages

One thing I learnt was to include a colour scheme. In my preliminary task, the page looks too plain with the exception of the media convergence logos such as Twitter and Facebook and the puff. I think that now that I included a colour scheme in my final magazine page, it makes it look like a real magazine and it shows which bits are exclusive or not.
Another thing which is evident after my preliminary task is the use of my Photoshop skills. I have honed my skills through various drafts of my music magazine pages and from the preliminary task such as putting the masthead behind the image of the model and not fade it within the image so that it can be seen.

Through my research, along with what I have learnt from my preliminary task, I found out that it was much better to include more sell lines in a smaller font rather than having less in a bigger font. The more sell lines you include, the more information is given to the audience who sees the magazine which makes them know what can be included within the magazine.


I also learnt from my previous task is that it would be much better if I cropped out the background or had a plain background for the images. It makes you focus on the image and the information which surrounds it just like existing magazines have done. On top of this, I also took more care into what picture I should use and how it links more to my audience and not just use any picture which I could find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment